- How it works
- Pre & Post treatment instructions
- What is involved with laser skin tightening with Candela YAG treatment?
- Day of treatment instructions
- Where else can you use Laser Skin Rejuvenation?
Laser skin tightening and rejuvenation with the is a unique treatment. Using ND-Yag laser wavelengh, energy is delivered deep into to the tissue which is absorbed by collagen cells causing them to contract. This promotes active stimulation of new collagen production which gives the skin its tone and elasticity.
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the laser procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of products containing photo sensitizing ingredients, medication such antibiotics, Accutane, or use of Retin-A.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your laser treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment. Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure to altered skin color and for the sake of your own safety.
- Do not use skin care products such as Retin-A, photo sensitizing products, or any face cream supplement that contains Hydroquinone or Glyquin for one week prior to treatment.
- Before procedure, hair should be shaved as close to treatment time as possible.
- Please avoid caffeine the day of your treatment and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
There is no social downtime following a YAG Laser skin rejuvenation treatment. There may be a slight pinkness and feeling of mild sunburn following treatment. A few people may experience very mild swelling. Most patients feel no discomfort and return to normal activity immediately.
On the day of treatment, skin will be thoroughly cleansed and dried, removing any makeup, creams, oils, or products before laser treatment. A topical anesthetic or cooling ice pack may be applied for discomfort. On average treatments take about 30–45 minutes. Each treatment covers the entire area with multiple invisible, yet powerful laser pulses. Generally, the treatment produces a warming sensation within the skin and sometimes it feels more like a rubber band snapped gently on the skin and is very comfortable and tolerable. After administration of the treatment.
The presence the following would be a contraindication to laser skin rejuvenation/skin tightening:
- Cancer, in particularly, skin cancer
- Pregnancy (including IVF)
- •Use of photosensitive medication and hers for which 300 to 2940nm light exposure is contraindicated
- Diseases which may be stimulated by light at 300 to 2940nm
- Prolonged exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the 2 to 4 weeks prior to treatment and post treatment
- Active infection of herpes simplex in the treatment area
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Diabetes (insulin dependent)
- Fragile dry skin
- Hormonal disorders (that are stimulated under intense light)
- Use of anticoagulants
- History of coagulopathies
- Immune deficiency disease or an immuno-compromised status
- Oral or topical use of retinoids (Accutane)
- Oral or topical use of steroid
This therapy can be used to tighten the skin on the face, neck and other parts of the body. It can also reduce wrinkles and improve the texture of the skin.