- How It Works
- What is involved with light therapy treatment?
- How does light therapy help with hair loss?
- Where else can you use light therapy?
- Pre-treatment instructions
- Day of treatment instructions
- Post-treatment instructions
Did you know that up to 70 percent of men and 40 percent of women will experience hair loss at some point in their lives? Among the assortment of hair loss therapies, low level laser hair therapy is a well-known treatment for onset hair loss.
LED activates skin cells with pulses of low level – non-thermal light energy, the cell converts light energy into fuel (how it works is much like photosynthesis) in turn stimulating the cells to produce proteins and lipids essential for building and repairing. It does not use heat or any kinds of “invasive” process. It triggers the body to convert light energy into cell energy without thermal heat.
LED light therapy for hair loss has:
- No- pain, discomfort
- No down time
- Safe for all skin types
- No- negative side effects
- No- thermal damage
- No- scarring or discoloration
LED Light treatments last about fifteen and up to 45 minutes, and can be a stand-alone treatment, part of a larger treatment regimen, or simply to enhance a treatment. The therapy is also effective for reducing redness after more aggressive treatments. There is no downtime or risk of unwanted side effects. While noticeable results are visible after one treatment, we recommend a series of treatments to achieve maximum benefits. The optimal results are generally achieved with 6 successive treatments, followed by a maintenance treatment.
LED light therapy device delivers safe, concentrated wavelengths of natural light to your scalp with no chemicals, UV rays, or excess heat. These red and near infrared wavelengths of light stimulate the mitochondria in your cells similar to natural sunlight, reducing oxidative stress and increasing circulation, so your body is able to make more core energy to power itself. While this treatment helps the energy run more efficiently throughout your body improving physical function, speeding the healing process, and lowering inflammation & pain, as demonstrated in numerous peer-reviewed studies. Light therapy also has a major stimulating effect on the dermal papilla cells, which play a big role in the regulation of hair cycling and growth.
While LED light therapy can technically be used on any part of the body, its most popular use is for the face. Skin damage tends to occur to your face because it is exposed to the elements more often than other body parts. LED therapy can also be used on the neck and chest, which are popular signs of aging.
Studies show that LED light therapy has been a promising treatment to improve conditions and injuries including:
- Promotes wound healing and tissue repair
- Improves hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia
- Help for the short-term treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Stimulates healing of slow-healing wounds, like diabetic foot ulcers
- Reduces psoriasis lesions
- Aids with short-term relief of pain and morning stiffness in people with rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduces some of the side effects of cancer treatments, including oral mucositis
- Trusted Source improves skin complexion and builds collagen
- Trusted Source to diminish wrinkles
- Helps to mend sun damage
- Prevents recurring cold sores from herpes simplex virus infections
- Improves the health of joints in people with degenerative osteoarthritis of the knee
- Helps diminish scars
- Relieves pain and inflammation Trusted Source in people with pain in the Achilles tendons
To prepare for your treatments, your treatment area will be cleansed with a non-medicated cleanser, and allowed to dry. Your provider may opt to apply a specialized mask or gels to the treatment areas to help boost results.
- An LED photofacial is a cool, painless, and relaxing experience. Moreover, there is no risk of burning, unlike IPL and laser. There is no stinging, burning, or discomfort associated with it at all. A typical treatment would include
- Cleansing and drying the treatment area
- Provider selecting the color according to the condition being treated
- Timer would be set to last between 15- 45 minutes
Similarly to pre-treatment, post treatment serums are not a requirement. However, your provide may opt to apply serums to help boost targeted results. There is no down time, so that makeup or other skin care products may be applied immediately, if you wish. In fact, there are some sources that say that light therapy actually increases the uptake and effectiveness of your other skin care products.