- How it works
- What is involved with High Frequency hair loss treatment?
- How does High Frequency help hair loss?
- Where else can you use High Frequency?
- Pre-treatment instructions
- Day of treatment instructions
- Post-treatment instructions
High-frequency scalp treatment for hair growth is a kind of hair treatment that makes use of low-current and high-frequency to stimulate hair growth. It also has been utilized to treat other hair troubles as the treatment has a germicidal action.
High-frequency is a well-known rejuvenation process based on electrical currents. This treatment utilizes oscillation, or movement, through a wand attached to a device. During a high-frequency treatment, low-level electricity is transferred to bulb-like tips through an easy-to-hold wand. The bulb is then placed just at the surface of the scalp or treatment area.
High-frequency is a rejuvenation process based on electrical currents. This treatment utilizes oscillation, or movement, through a wand attached to a machine. The electrical currents are adjusted to the right frequency. During a high-frequency treatment, low-level electricity is transferred to bulb-like tips through an easy-to-hold wand. The bulb is then placed just at the surface of the skin where the electrical magic takes place. To help glide the wand over gauze may be utilized.
The tingling and the vibration from high frequency improves the blood circulation in the scalp and helps revitalizing the dormant hair follicles. This leads to better hair growth, controls hair loss, helps with dandruff issues as well. This treatment may be used as a standalone therapy or in conjunction with other therapies to help with better absorption of the treatment serums.
High frequency treatments are one of the more potent weapons in the esthetician’s arsenal and can be utilized for various different reasons including:
- Skin Rejuvenation: High frequency allows an esthetician to stimulate circulation and cell metabolism for skin rejuvenation.
- Acne: Estheticians also use it to treat and prevent acne by oxygenating the skin and producing an antiseptic effect.
- Cellulite: It also helps to treat cellulite on various areas of the body. The electrical currents help to smooth out those fatty dimples while giving the skin a supple appearance.
- Under Eye Circles: You may cover up those sleepless nights by decreasing the look of under-eye circles.
- Dandruff: High-frequency therapy is a type of intensive hair treatment to cure and alleviate itchy scalp from dandruff.
- Hair fall or alopecia: The treatment revitalizes your scalp, stimulates blood circulation and encourages the scalp to increase the rate of hair growth.
There are times when it is not advisable for you to have this kind of treatment. This includes, when you are pregnant, have heart disease, under a pacemaker or if you have undergone a large metallic implant. If you are under these conditions, it is important to avoid high frequency treatment. Please advise your service provider if you have any of these conditions.
In preparation to your treatment, we advise that you cleanse the area(s) being treated. You may opt to not wear jewelry as it will need to be removed prior to starting treatment.
The hair is divided in to partitions. The comb is then used on the affected area(s) between of 2-10 minutes. There will be a sharp smell created by ozone that is normal and is not a sign of a problem. Tingling sensation should be expected over the treatment area. No pain is to be expected. After the procedure is done, an oil massage is performed.
After the treatment, one can wash their scalp the next day. Your service provider will likely make recommendations on when your next visit should be scheduled. In conjunction with in office treatments your provider may advise on the best at home care including shampoos, conditioners, serums, and massages to continue improving results.