- Pre-Care Instructions
- Post-Care Instructions
- Before receiving Kybella®, tell your service provider about all of your medical conditions and review all contraindications. During the course of your treatments, notify our staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment
- Medications and Supplements may thin your blood and increase the chance of bruising. Consult with your primary doctor prior to stopping or altering medications and supplements.
Kybella® should not be used in patients who are pregnant, nursing, trying to get pregnant, have experienced this hypersensitivity in the past, those with severe allergies, and should not be used in areas
of active inflammation or infection (cysts, pimples, rash). You should not get this procedure if you currently have or have a history of: nerve damage, facial paralysis, facial movement issues, difficulty swallowing,
bleeding problems, and/or prior or planned surgery, cosmetic treatments or medical conditions on or near my face, neck or chin. These conditions may be contraindications to receiving the treatment. These symptoms
must be disclosed.
- Common reactions include: As discussed during the consultation and noted in the informed consent, the most common anticipated reactions can include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas
of hardness, in the treatment area. Rare and more serious side effects may include infection at injection site, and ulceration, scarring, Alopecia (hair loss treated area), and nerve injury.
- To avoid severe bruising: If bruising occurs, you may apply topical Arnica gel to help bruising resolve faster. Avoid alcohol consumption for a minimum of 6 hours and refrain from taking blood thinners
such as Aspirin for several days. You may elect to take over the counter oral pain medication or anti-inflammatory can be taken, and applying ice to the treatment area, to manage discomfort. You may also ice the
area post treatment but must do so very carefully. Use an ice pack with the fabric side against the skin, or wrap a soft plastic ice pack in a wet thin towel. Apply the ice pack approximately 15 seconds on, and
15 seconds off. Icing too vigorously can cause frostbite and scarring. You may apply a cold compress to the area for 20 minutes per hour, and you may do this hourly for up to 3 days.
- To maximize your results and prevent adverse effects:
- Avoid exercise for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid rubbing, massaging, or scrubbing injection sites for 24 hours after treatment.
- Sleep with your head elevated on at least 2 and preferably 3 pillows.
- Facial treatments: Avoid facials, chemical peels, or laser treatments for 14 days after the Kybella® treatment. Facials, chemical peels, laser, and light treatments may be done immediately
prior to Kybella® treatment. HA fillers such as Juvéderm® XC and / or Botox may be injected before Kybella®; if you have any questions regarding this, please ask your provider.
- Skin care: You may apply your normal skin care regimen and sunscreen normally.
- Follow up Appointment: A minimum of 2 treatments, however up to 5 treatments may be required for optimal results. The second treatment and future subsequent treatments are recommended to be done every
2 months. If the desired level of correction has not occurred after the second treatment, additional Kybella® treatments may be needed. If you have any questions, prospective adverse reactions, or concerns
regarding your Kybella® treatment, you must contact Le Lux Beautique.