- How it works
- What is involved with the Plasma Gel Bio-filler treatment?
- Pre-treatment instructions
- Post-treatment instructions
- Where else can you use Plasma Gel Bio-filler?
- How does Plasma Gel Bio-filler help with resurfacing?
- Can I combine Hyaluronic Acid Fillers with Plasma?
Plasma Gel Bio-filler is an organic alternative to synthetic fillers like hyaluronic acid that has many advantages over traditional fillers. Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) Bio Filler is an “autologous aesthetic procedure,” which means that the product involved uses the patient’s own cells or tissue. Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) Bio Filler gel works with platelet-rich plasma (PRP) derived from your own blood. The plasma is prepared as a gel to add plumpness to areas with lost volume while smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It is relatively safe and minimally invasive treatment that can help you achieve noticeable improvements without the risks associated with surgery or synthetic ingredients.
Benefits of Plasma Bio Filler
- Overall improvement to skin texture & tone
- Smooths fine lines
- Improves hydration
- Natural looking results – no change in facial expressions
- Long-lasting results – regenerating your body’s own tissues
- Stimulates natural hyaluronic acid – an alternative to normal dermal fillers
- Reduced wrinkles – filler effect directly tackles facial lines
- More luminous skin – treatment leads to brighter skin tone
- Growth factors have an impact in some preparation variants, combining regeneration with tissue filling
- Safe alternative therapy
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
The most common treatment areas include the face, neck, decolletage and hands, and lifting the buttocks or anywhere where volume is lacking.
Plasma Gel Bio-filler works by injecting PRP in a gel consistency. This stimulates the body’s natural wound-healing response, kick-starting the biological processes that create new collagen and elastin while providing a plumping effect. Long term this treatment targets stimulating regeneration of healthier more taut skin.
Aging and environmental damage break down these essential structural proteins, and the rate of replacement slows over time. Procedures like Plasma Gel Bio-filler can slow and reverse this process, helping skin look more youthful and volumized.
Before the procedure, the skin is anesthetized with ointment to provide the client with maximum comfort. In preparation for the Plasma Gel Bio-filler treatment, a blood sample will be collected and placed into a centrifuge to isolate the platelets. Plasma Rich Platelets (PRP) gets extracted from the blood sample and heated to solidify into a gel.
After the treatment area is disinfected, the Plasma Bio Filler is injected. After the procedure, the skin is may appear swollen and possibly flushed. In most cases, everything disappears in the next few days.
The skin condition will improve over time as a result of regenerative processes.
- Avoid the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs like aspirin, Motrin, Advil, ibuprofen, or any other non-Tylenol, non-acetaminophen product) for two weeks prior to treatment to minimize the potential for bruising. Discuss any current medications that you are taking with your doctor prior to stopping or pausing usage.
- Hydrate: for seven days prior, moisturize your skin in the morning & evening.
- Stop all topical acids (like glycolic, alpha, or beta hydroxyl acids), retinol, Retin-A, or other like products 7 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid tanning beds or prolonged exposure to the sun 14 days prior to treatment. Always use a zinc oxide sunscreen with SPF 30+.
- Remove all substances from the intended treatment area, including topical numbing cream, tanning products, ointments, lotions, perfumes, bath/shower oils, deodorants, etc.
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Under 18 years of age
- Possibility of Infections in the areas targeted for PRP therapy
- Current or history of cancer, especially skin cancer, or pre-malignant moles
- Anticoagulant prescription medications or antiplatelet therapy
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications
- Severe concurrent conditions such as cardiac disorders, epilepsy, uncontrolled hypertension, and liver or kidney diseases
- A history of diseases stimulated, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area or active facial or oral herpes infection
- Any active condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema and rash as well as excessively/freshly tanned skin
- History of skin disorders such as keloid scarring, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin
- Any medical condition that might impair skin healing
- Any surgical, invasive, ablative procedure in the treatment area in the last 3 months or before complete healing
- Cosmetic treatments including neurotoxins, filler, threads, Sculptra will need to be evaluated for possible contraindications or risks.
- Use of Isotretinoin (Accutane®) within 6 months prior to treatment due to the increased risk of scaring
- Currently taking antibiotics
- Any surgical procedure in the treatment area within the last three months or before complete healing.
- Treating over tattoo or permanent makeup.
- Excessively tanned skin from sun, tanning beds or tanning creams and sprays within the last two weeks.
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Blood-clotting problems
- Allergy to PRP separation ingredients including sodium citrate
Immediately after treatment PRP or the EGF serum may be used on treatment area to help boost results.
After 24 Hours the post care skincare routine may be initiated:
- Wash skin with the Gentle Cream Cleanser with cool water. Avoid using towels or abrasive scrubbing cleansing cloths. Pat dry once rinsed with water.
- Tone skin with the Calming Flower Mist.
- Apply post care safe serums after toning options include: Phyto Calm Aloe Drops, EGF Drops, or Antistress CBD.
Additional post care safe serums include the HA Revive Hydrator Dops or Daily Hydration Drops.
- Moisturize with the Phyto Calm Hydrator or Vita E Moisturizing Cream.
- Apply SPF of 30 or higher 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply as needed.
- Expected downtime can vary depending on treatment settings and may range between 1-7 days. The expected healing sequence and expected treatment side effects include redness, swelling, bruising, light discomfort, and pinpoint bleeding.
- Ice should not be used after Plasma Gel Bio-filler injections. Inflammation is an important part of the healing process. Ice reduces inflammation and swelling and therefore may compromise the healing process. Ice also prompts the blood vessels to get smaller thereby restricting blood flow. Blood flow is critical to healing. One of the precautions after PRP injections is to avoid ice.
- Rest and healing are important after PRP injections. It is important that the injected PRP be given the opportunity to heal the affected area. In order of this to happen the PRP must be given the opportunity to set in place. Platelets release important growth factors and proteins that promote tissue regeneration and healing. It takes up to seven days for the growth factors to be released from the platelets. Exercise may displace and move the PRP from injected site thereby compromising healing and outcome.
- Alcohol can negatively affect platelet function. Specifically, it can decrease its platelet activation and aggregation and response to other proteins and enzymes. Alcohol can also affect stem cell numbers and function which may compromise healing.
- During the healing process keeping the items in contact with treatment areas in clean. This may include clean pillowcases, linens, wiping down cell phones or any accessories coming in contact with treated skin.
- Avoid washcloths and harsh cleansers until all transient healing processes have resolved naturally.
- Sleep with a slight elevation of your head to help with any swelling.
- Avoid sleeping with pets for 24 hours.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure in the treatment area and use sunscreen (SPF 30+) for one month following the procedure.
- Contact the office if you have any concerns about how your skin is responding to treatment or is healing.
- If you are healing well, you may resume using mineral makeup 24 hours later. Do not resume the use of topical acids, retinol, Retin-A, etc. for 7 days.
The most common treatment areas include the face, neck, decolletage and scalp but the Plasma Gel Bio Filler can also be used on the breast, buttocks, abdomen, knees, thighs, and almost any other body area.
Plasma Gel Bio-filler causes a natural response to produce new collagen-rich tissue and increase skin hydration. Generation of new, collagen-rich tissue tightens skin, reduces scars, wrinkles, stretch marks and fine lines in the skin. This thus improves the overall texture and appearance of your skin.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid (HA)is a substance that is produced naturally in the body. It plays a vital role as a cushion, keeps skin flexible, meaning it aids in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, hydrates eyes, hair and skin.
What are filler injections?
Face fillers (dermal filler or wrinkle fillers) are an umbrella term that refers to HA derived gel like substance injected beneath the skin into specific areas of the face, such as your lips, cheeks, under-eyes, chin, etc., to increase volume. That means they can plump thin lips, soften wrinkles, and enhance facial symmetry, boost shallow contours, and improve the appearance of indented or pitted acne scar and much more.
What is the difference between PRP and filler injections?
When injected into the skin, fillers work immediately by adding volume and lift which can help to minimize the look of wrinkles, fine lines, and hollows creating a more youthful appearance. PRP on the other hand, is derived from the patient’s own blood and works over time by stimulating the production of collagen.
Benefits of Combining Both
Because of the benefits of HA based fillers, this allows us to harness the immediate plumping, volumizing and contouring. While the addition of Plasma Gel-Bio Filler works kickstarting your body’s natural regenerative processes with amplified lasting results. Plasma Gel Bio-Filler is a great combination therapy because of it’s healing abilities with skin issues such as acne, uneven texture, and mottled skin tone.
While both HA Fillers and Plasma Gel-Bio Fill are both very effective in their resulting outcomes for patients, together, they are a powerhouse team in rejuvenation.
The Importance of Collagen
Collagen is a protein found in the body that helps give your face structure. As we age, this starts to breakdown and causes wrinkles and fine lines. As one reaches their 30s, collagen production is reduced, thus it is important to stimulate this production to keep your skin looking smooth, fresh, and rejuvenated.